TeleVisits are available in our office.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Medicare, AHCCCS and most Commercial Insurances are allowing patients to have regular office visits with their healthcare providers via TeleVisit.
What is a TeleVisit?
TeleVisit is a visit with your provider that uses interactive audio and video telecommunications between your doctor and a patient instead of an in person visit.
What do I need for a TeleVisit appointment?
You can have a regular office visit today if you have have access to one of these
- Smartphone ( iPhone, Samsung, etc) with a camera and microphone (with a cell phone number for text messages or an email address)
- Tablet with a camera and microphone and an email address
- A computer/laptop with a camera and microphone and an email address
How do I join a TeleVisit?
On your smartphone or computer, click on the text or email link you receive from your doctor’s office.
On the day of your appointment:
- Set aside a secure and private location for your appointment.
- “Arrive early” by clicking the link within the email reminder or text message your doctor’s office sent you or logging into the healow app or Patient Portal.
- Fill out any patient questionnaires and vitals if applicable (answers are not mandatory on either form, but fill in what you can).
- Click “Proceed” to check your computer’s speed and ability to support a TeleVisit.
- Click “Start TeleVisit” to enter the virtual waiting room.
- Your physician will begin the face-to-face TeleVisit and disconnect when the visit ends.